2024 £5 Royal Tudor Beasts The Seymour Unicorn BUNC Coin
- Continue your collection with the fifth coin in our Royal Tudor Beasts Collection.
- Struck to Brilliant Uncirculated standard, a finer finish than circulating coins.
- An interpretation of the Seymour Unicorn designed by David Lawrence appears on the reverse of the coin.
- The reverse is based on the Seymour Unicorn sculpture that features on the Moat Bridge at Hampton Court Palace.
- Created in collaboration with the experts at Historic Royal Palaces, the coin is housed within a fold-out wallet that explores the heraldry of Henry VIII and the Seymour Unicorn.
One of several heraldic beasts commissioned by Henry VIII, the Seymour Unicorn stands opposite the King’s Lion of England on the Moat Bridge at Hampton Court Palace as Jane Seymour’s chief supporter. The unicorn rarely featured as a heraldic beast before it was chosen to flank the Moat Bridge. The fertility symbolism of the unicorn made it a fitting choice for the new queen because of Henry VIII’s desire for a son and heir.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Comm Coinage users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.