2024 £5 Lunar Year of the Dragon BUNC Coin
- Celebrate Chinese New Year with this commemorative UK £5 coin
- Year-dated 2024 commemorating the Lunar Year of the Dragon
- Presented with a traditional red envelope, perfect for giving as a gift
- The coin’s packaging artfully reflects the lunar calendar and Chinese culture
- The reverse of the coin features an incredibly detailed design by the artist William Webb
- Displays the powerful and courageous symbolic dragon on its reverse
- The first Lunar coin to feature the official coinage portrait of His Majesty The King
The dragon is the fifth animal in the zodiac cycle and is considered China’s most important cultural symbol. Seen as possessing magical powers, the Chinese dragon is much more benevolent than the fire-breathing monsters of Western culture. Wise and powerful, the dragon symbolises courage, confidence and adventurousness, whilst being seen to represent success and ambition. Consequently, people born in the Year of the Dragon are thought to possess many of these traits. Famous people born under this zodiac sign include the naturalist Charles Darwin, two-time British Prime Minister Harold Wilson, founder member of the Beatles John Lennon, singer Tom Jones, and the actor Benedict Cumberbatch.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Comm Coinage users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.