2020 50p Dinosauria - Iguanadon BU Coin
- Features Iguanodon, the first dinosaur ever formally identified
- The perfect gift for dinosaur enthusiasts of any age
- Housed in packaging that contains a wealth of dinosaur facts
- Developed in conjunction with the Natural History Museum
- Collect all three coins in the series
In 1824 William Buckland, an eccentric clergyman and palaeontologist produced the first scientific description of what became known as a dinosaur based on fragments of jaw and bone found in Oxfordshire. Buckland named the creature Megalosaurus, which means ‘great lizard’.
Developed in conjunction with the Natural History Museum, this is the first time a dinosaur has featured on an official UK coin.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Comm Coinage users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.