$2 First and Last Limited Edition Pack
or 4 payments of $19.75 with Info
- Unites Australia’s last $2 banknote and first $2 coin!
- Australia’s last $2 banknote was issued 1985-88, and features the Johnston/Fraser signature combination.
- Australia’s first $2 coin was struck by the Royal Australian Mint in 1988.
- Both of these key issues are offered in strictly Uncirculated condition.
- An outstanding presentation, the last $2 note and first $2 coin are set in an illustrated, informative pack.
Driven from use by inflation, and by the obvious contrast in cost efficiency when compared with a possible $2 coin, the $2 note was consigned to history in 1985. It was last issued during the Johnston/Fraser signature combination. The $2 coin that replaced it was crafted from aluminium-bronze, and was rightly thought to be a more durable, more economical alternative to the paper note.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Comm Coinage users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.