1927 Canberra Florin About UNC Carded
or 4 payments of $31.25 with Info
- Australia's first commemorative coin
- Features one of Australia's most beautiful reverse designs
- Issued to commemorate the opening of Parliament House on May 9, 1927
- Struck from sterling silver
- Surprisingly affordable in outstanding about Uncirculated!
The 1927 Canberra Florin was Australia's first commemorative coin, and is often regarded as our most beautiful. It was issued to honour the May 9 opening of Parliament House, and boasts a stunning depiction of the building's faҫade. Little wonder Australians queued in droves outside the Commonwealth Bank to secure their own piece of history! This beautiful predecimal coin was struck from sterling silver. Its mintage of two million was deemed appropriate at the time, but was readily snapped up by an adoring public. Despite its rich history, this coin is surprisingly affordable in pleasing About UNC quality!
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Comm Coinage users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.