2022 50p Harry Potter BUNC Coin
- The first time the wizarding world of the Harry Potter stories has been celebrated on UK coins
- This first release in a four-coin series
- Featuring a lightning bolt and the number 25 to mark 25 years since the publication of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
- Includes the works of Jim Kay, the artist who created the first fully illustrated book
- These designs will not be going into circulation
- A magical gift for fans of the Harry Potter stories
To mark 25 years since the publication of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, The Royal Mint is celebrating this classic of children’s literature with a collection of UK coins. The idea for Harry Potter, the boy in glasses who didn’t yet know he was a wizard, first came to J.K. Rowling during a delayed train journey from Manchester to London. From that moment of magic, the Boy Who Lived was imagined into being – an unassuming, eleven-year-old hero destined to face terrible danger, but also find greatness within himself. The reverse of each coin will feature an original illustration by Jim Kay, the artist who created the first fully illustrated edition of this Harry Potter story.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Comm Coinage users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.