2022 £2 The Seymour Panther 1oz Silver Proof
Royal Tudor Beasts
or 4 payments of $52.25 with Info
- Limited Edition 6000
- The first coin in a collection commemorating the heraldic beasts of the mighty Tudor dynasty
- A fitting way of starting a collection dedicated to a mighty English dynasty
- A perfect addition for collectors with an interest in British history
- Featuring a reverse design by the illustrator David Lawrence
- Struck in 999 fine silver
- Finished to Proof standard – the highest available from The Royal Mint
Originally representing Anne Boleyn, and Katherine of Aragon before her, the Seymour Panther was given to Jane Seymour, Henry VIII’s third wife, by the king from the royal treasury of beasts. Although the stone beast is depicted as a ferocious animal, with flames coming from its mouth and ears, the Seymour Panther symbolised a peaceful and loving union between the king and consort who bore him the male heir he so desperately yearned for.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Comm Coinage users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.