2022 £2 Great Britain Britannia Silver Bullion Coin
or 4 payments of $13.74 with Info
- Struck in 1 oz of .999 fine silver
- Four advanced features take visual security to the next level
- A latent image changes from a padlock to Britannia’s famous trident
- Surface animation brings the background of waves to life
- The micro-text provides both decoration and protection – ‘an ornament and a safeguard’
- Britannia’s shield bears the Union flag accented with tincture lines
- Presented in an Acrylic Capsule
The 2022 Britannia releases redefine security in the bullion market. Created by the team behind the United Kingdom’s 12-sided £1 coin (dubbed ‘the world’s most secure coin’), Britannia has evolved once more to spearhead the best security technology available and lead the way as the most visually secure coin in the world. Philip Nathan’s award-winning Britannia design from 1987 depicts an enduring symbol of a nation, boldly standing beside a shield that bears the Union flag, a symbol of Britain’s strength, and holding an olive branch representing peace. Philip Nathan’s Britannia is as beautiful as ever struck in 999.9 fine gold and enhanced with four new features. In the lower left-hand of the design, below Britannia’s flowing gown, is a trident to represent her naval history. As the viewer changes their perspective this trident becomes a padlock, emphasising the coin’s secure nature. Surface animation reflects the movement of waves, and fin details like the Union flag on Britannia’s shield have been carefully highlighted in the coin’s bullion finish. These added security features both decorate and protect the coin, just as the micro-text that borders the design states – ‘DECUS ET TUTAMEN’, which translates as ‘AN ORNAMENT AND A SAFEGUARD’.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Comm Coinage users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.