2022 $1 Chinese Myths and Legends Phoenix 1oz Coloured Coin Red and Gold (no card)
or 4 payments of $23.75 with Info
- Coloured BU finish in Red and Gold coloured
- Each coin is struck by The Perth Mint from 1oz of 99.99% pure silver and issued as legal tender under the Australian Currency Act 1965.
- Presented in acrylic capsule
- The coin’s reverse portrays a phoenix in vivid red and gold. In its beak is the flower of a paulownia tree, said to be the only species on which the phoenix will perch. Also included in the design are stylised representations of clouds, symbols of abundance and good fortune, as well as The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mintmark.
- The Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II features on the obverse of the coin together with its weight, purity, monetary denomination, and year-date.
Continuing on from the Dragon Phoenix release in 2017, the 2022 release in the Chinese Myths and Legends series features one of the most
auspicious animals in Chinese culture, the phoenix.
An ancient symbol of honesty benevolence and knowledge, the mythical phoenix’s rare appearances were believed to herald forthcoming happiness, harmony and prosperity. An immortal creature, it is traditionally portrayed as a fusion of several other birds – including the head of a pheasant, the body of a mandarin duck, the tail of a peacock, the beak of a parrot and the wings of a swallow.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Comm Coinage users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.