2021 £5 HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh Silver Proof Coin
Limited to only 6,000Only 1 Left!
or 4 payments of $52.50 with Info
- Made to honour Prince Philip, the longest serving consort in British history
- The portrait that features on the reverse of the coin was approved by The Duke of Edinburgh in 2008
- The reverse design is by Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS, who also created the fourth definitive coinage portrait of Her Majesty The Queen
- Struck in 925 sterling silver and finished to Proof standard
- A Limited Edition Presentation of 6,000 coins
Following the announcement of the passing of His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh on 9 April 2021, many reflected that his was a life well lived. A man of action and significant achievements, Prince Philip became a naval commander at a young age and provided steadfast counsel to Her Majesty The Queen throughout her reign. When his young wife first took on the role as monarch, the newly titled Duke of Edinburgh supported her, showing tireless dedication to his duty. This exemplary service was recognised by The Queen at the time of their 70th wedding anniversary in 2017, when he was appointed a Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order (GCVO). In honour of this remarkable man, The Royal Mint has created a coin to celebrate his life and legacy. The design features a portrait created by Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS that was personally approved by The Duke of Edinburgh.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Comm Coinage users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.