2020 Year of the Mouse Lunar Quadrant $1 1oz Silver Proof 4-Coin Set
Make 4 interest-free payments of $106.25 fortnightly and receive your order now.
- Celebrates 2020: the Year of the Mouse
- Features four 1oz coins that join to reveal a single design!
- All coins struck to Proof quality from 99.99% pure silver by the Perth Mint
- Exclusive – limited to a mintage of just 1,500!
- Beautifully presented in a Perth Mint display case, complete with clear lid for perfect viewing
- Accompanied by a Numbered Certificate of Authenticity
The Quadrant Mouse set consists of four coins each accounting for one-quarter of a circle. When arranged together the coins form a shape reminiscent of the first currency of the Chinese empire. These ‘ban liang’ coins were first cast during the Qin Dynasty around 200BCE.
The top coin’s reverse portrays a mouse climbing a branch with a plum tree bearing flowers in the background. Also included is a butterfly and falling petals.
The reverse of the coin to the right depicts two mice at the foot of the branch among grass, pebbles and half a pomegranate. One mouse is in the midst of climbing the branch.
The reverse of the coin to the left features a mouse in front of a vine which bears a hanging bunch of grapes. Pumpkin leaves and vines are also incorporated with half a pumpkin visible in the foreground.
The bottom coin’s reverse portrays a mouse nestled among pumpkins and greenery eating pomegranate seeds from an exposed fruit.
Each coin’s reverse includes The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mintmark.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Comm Coinage users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.