2020 50p Innovation in Science Rosalind Franklin BU Coin
- Official tribute to pioneering British scientist Rosalind Franklin
- Issued to mark the 100th anniversary of Franklin’s birth.
- Struck to the apex of Brilliant Uncirculated quality.
- Official British legal tender – measures 27.30mm in diameter.
- Housed within an official Royal Mint pack.
Breaking new ground in Britain’s male-dominated scientific community in the 1940s and 1950s, Rosalind Franklin was an accomplished chemist and X-Ray crystallographer. She made invaluable contributions to the study of coal, graphite and viruses, as well as in the fields of RNA and – most crucially – DNA. Franklin’s key role in discovering the molecular structure of DNA was only fully recognised after her untimely death due to cancer at the age of just 37.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Comm Coinage users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.