2020 £5 The Tower of London - Royal Mint Silver Proof Coin
Mintage of only 1,500Only 1 Left!
or 4 payments of $42.25 with Info
- Struck to Proof quality from 28.28 grams of sterling silver.
- Official British legal tender – spans 38.61mm in diameter.
- An official issue of Great Britain’s Royal Mint.
- Housed within an official Royal Mint case.
- Complete with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
- Strictly limited edition just 1,500 coins!
The establishment of the Royal Mint is considered to have taken place in 886AD, when Alfred the Great recaptured London from the Danelaw and began issuing silver pennies bearing his portrait. Centralised control of Britain’s mints was placed in the hands of the mint found in the Tower of London in 1279, and by the reign of Henry VIII (1509-47), little coin production took place outside London. The Royal Mint remained in the Tower of London until 1812, when moved to purpose-built premises on Tower Hill – thus ending a chapter of British history that lasted well over 500 years.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Comm Coinage users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.