2018 £2 RAF Centenary Spitfire Silver Proof
or 4 payments of $32.25 with Info
- Released by the Royal Mint in conjunction with the Royal Air Force.
- An official, precious metal tribute to the famous Spitfire.
- Strictly limited edition - just 7,500 issued in this presentation!
- Struck from lustrous sterling silver to Proof quality!
- British legal tender - each coin measures 28.40mm in diameter.
The Spitfire first emerged in 1936. Flown extensively by the RAF and other Allied countries during WWII, its streamlined fuselage and distinctive elliptical wing shape fast became an iconic sight. With this in mind, the reverse motif on this sterling silver Proof is a stroke of genius. By adding fine detail to the background rather than the aircraft, the Proof's designers allow the aircraft's famous silhouette to shine through. The simple elegance of the aircraft is underpinned by a flawless, Royal Mint Proof strike.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Comm Coinage users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.