2017 £1 Nations of the Crown Silver Proof Coin
or 4 payments of $32.25 with Info
- The first opportunity to own an individual issue of the new 12-sided £1 coin in precious metal
- Year-dated 2017 to mark this historic minting event
- Struck to the new specification
- Struck in sterling silver and enhanced with fine gold
- Finished to Proof standard, preserved for the future
This is the first major change to the £1 coin specification since it entered circulation, replacing the £1 note in 1983. The new coin is 12-sided and has a bimetallic composition and appearance. Alongside its other security features, these help combat the problem of sophisticated counterfeiting that the old ‘round pound’ had become vulnerable to.
Over its 33 years in circulation the round pound has featured 24 designs created by eight different designers. The design for the new 12-sided £1 coin, by 15-year-old David Pearce, combines traditional floral emblems that symbolise the modern United Kingdom in a fresh and elegant way.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Comm Coinage users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.